Hi there, my name is Sam and I’m the owner and main photographer at Samantha Danis Photography.
I’d love to say that growing up I had always dreamed of becoming a photographer but that really isn’t the truth in my case. I actually wanted to become a singer, but some pretty bad stage fright stopped that from happening so I had to find new dreams (don’t worry, if you get to know me you’ll see that I’m pretty much singing any chance I get). I had decided on becoming a graphic designer but I needed a portfolio in Photography at the time to get into the program so off I went into the unknown world of photography and I never looked back.
I’ve photographed under many photographers including a high end studio before finally going off on my own and creating my business. Although I am grateful for the experience they gave me, it also opened up my eyes to how much I hated working under someone else’s brand. I wanted to do things my way, create images that I loved and of course capture memories clients would be fiercely proud to showcase for years to come
So here I am, my own self, wanting to show you who am I and what I can do for you on one of the most important days of your life. If you’re still interested in me and my business, keep reading on this page. Otherwise browse around the site and get in touch with me. I’d love to chat!
FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- A couple of my favourite things are: Harry Potter and Legend of Zelda
- I have my water bottle with me pretty much 24-7
- I’m a movie and music fanatic! My favourite movie is The Fifth Element and my favourite band is My Chemical Romance (yes still to this day).
- I didn’t always want to be a photographer *GASP*. I Actually wanted to be a singer but stage fright didn’t really help my case (who knew).
- I love sports and have played ringette for 20 + years, soccer on and off throughout my whole life and in the last few years I’ve picked up Skiing.
- I’m an easy person to get to know and my ultimate goal is to make every one around me smile.
- I may look like a ”tough” person but I’m actually a big ole baby who cries at everything. Yes I will probably cry at your wedding.